Study Abroad Programs
Have you considered making study abroad part of your civil engineering education? It's easier than you think! The Civil Engineering Semester Abroad program offers specialized experiences abroad where you can take fully transferrable civil engineering courses.
Penn State Semester Study Abroad Programs Offering Civil Engineering Courses in:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Graduate on time. Pre-approved course plans are directly applicable and transferable to your Penn State requirements.
- Take classes in your major. You will take civil engineering courses that fit into your current degree plan.
- No additional tuition. Even though you will be taking courses at another university, you will only pay tuition to Penn State. Living expenses like room and board will be comparable to what you would spend for a semester at Penn State.
- Travel Scholarships are available. Scholarships are available to outstanding students to help offset travel costs.
- Classes and tests in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom are conducted in English, so your learning will not be impacted by lack of fluency in a foreign language in these countries.
How Do I Sign Up?
Plan ahead! Check for deadlines here.
Visit the College of Engineering Global Education page.
Visit the Penn State Global Programs page.
Dr. Martin Pietrucha
Adviser, Civil and Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Programs